Quality content marketing can help brands expand their audience and keep current audiences engaged. With the capacity to only remember 20 percent of text, it’s no wonder that content such as photos and videos are leading the way for brand marketers.
Internet users are looking for quick ways to gain key information and learn new things on the go. A great way to do this is through the use of an infographic, which is a visual image used to represent information or data quickly and clearly.
It was only a matter of time before someone created an infographic on infographics! OneSpot’s infographic provides some best practices for creating them for your brand. In addition to their six tips below, we’ve added a seventh one that we think is the most important.
1. Use a three-color palette with contrast
2. Choose similar type styles/proportions
3. Develop an easy-to-follow, logical flow
4. Keep text clean and legible
5. Use negative space to create balance
6. Always cite your sources (and make sure they are reputable!)
7. Focus on quality, not quantity. If you’re infographic doesn’t provide quality, useful information to your target audiences, it’s a waste of time and resources.
Below is the full infographic. Happy infographicking!