Social Media Week kicks off today! This event has a global reach across five continents, including Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia.
As described by the official website, Social Media Week takes place twice a year. “Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. Our mission is to help people and organizations connect through collaboration, learning and the sharing of ideas and information.”
Social media is absolutely essential to any business, brand or entertainment professional’s communication strategy. Approximately 46% of web users turn to social media for making purchases and 60% of consumers say the integration of social media makes them more likely to share a product or service.
We’re celebrating this week with some fast facts about social media use in 2013:
• Facebook has more than 1.15 billion users.
– 751 million users access Facebook through a mobile device
– 74% of marketers believe Facebook is important for their lead generation strategy
• Twitter has more than 500 million users.
– On average, over 400 million tweets are sent per day
– Approximately 20 million user accounts are fake
• Google+ has more than 500 million users.
– The platform has over 67% male users
– The +1 button is served more than 5 billion times per day
• Linkedin has more than 238 million users.
– 50% of users on Linkedin have a bachelor’s or graduate degree
– 42% update their profile information regularly
• Instagram has more than 130 million users.
– Over 5 million photos are uploaded every day
– Instagram gets 1,000 comments per second
• Pinterest has more than 70 million users.
– Food is the top category on Pinterest (57%)
– Over 69% of users are female
Tweet, post and share these facts or use this handy Digital Insights infographic on your blog. Don’t forget to connect with us over social media, too!