We’re looking for a rockstar intern who would like to gain real world experience in public relations and social media. Interns must have a genuine love of public relations and social media. It’s a tough industry to be in; we need passionate interns!
Interns should be located in the Philadelphia area. This unpaid position can be done mostly remotely, but the individual must be available for once a month in-person meetings, client events, networking opportunities and Skype sessions. The internship is approximately a three month duration, with a flexible start date. Ideally, we’d like to have an intern asap!
Interns should also be able to display a great grasp of social media. If you joined Twitter last month, or post on Facebook once a week, this position is not for you.
– Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and social media activities
– Interact with CEO and clients to carry out client requirements such as monitoring account activities, developing original content, managing production activities and executing campaigns
– Participate in the development of appropriate news stories, blog posts and social media content
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media
– Knowledge of social media platforms with the skills, techniques and methods to run corporate accounts (must be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram)
– An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic
– Must be a college student
– Graphic design experience is a plus, but not mandatory
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com. Writing samples should include a public relations piece (press release, blog post, op-ed) and social media piece (Facebook posts, tweets, etc.).